Sunday, June 10, 2007

Skating all the way

Learning is an endless process, if you really have a will.Thought this to be some sort of a clique,but seems as if, its more real and true. And I have got something to learn from almost everything and almost everybody. When i came here, the idea of skating really fascinated me. The style and attitude asociated with it freaked me out, even in my dreams.The finesse with which you grace through all the people(you know what i mean), makes them take a second look.You bathe in ecstacy when you skate like a pro, and you cry in excrutiating pain, when things happen otherwise.

It all started with me sporting my friend's shoes. Thought, it was pointless to buy one, when you are a virtual zero in that stuff. In my first attempt, that lasted for 20 minutes or so, i just learnt how to stand(without anybody's help) and walk. This is all i could do. No matter how hard i tried, i could not skate. Somehow the achievement of standing and walking kept my spirits alive, to give it a shot, the following week.

This time around, i was accompanied by my friends, on both sides(even there was a third person backing me from behind. he was actually coming to catch me if fall on my back.But he never did this.) I was falling down so fast, that even before he realized, i was down with a thud. That day i fell down atleast 30-40 times. But i got up and tried, on all instances.

Same stuff happenned the next day. I went down numerous times, with only a difference. I was not the least scared, to fall down and i was bouncing like a spring every time i hit the ground. That looked like a comedy film. But again, i was pleased that i was atleast trying without giving up.

Now was the right time to buy the skates and i did the same. 100$ got spent in a jiffy and i became the proud owner of a mode of transportation(or should i call a stylish mode of transportation).

Some more improvement on the fourth day and i was on my own, skating happily on the fifth day. It is really an amazing feeling to replinish, given the fact that my kneecaps were yelling only a few days ago.

Fun is all around me and that's where the feeling grows.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nowadays why you have stopped writting the blogs.I miss it so much .
-Secret Admirer.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home