Friday, March 30, 2007

Am a paper boy,miscellaneous boy and an information boy

  • First note after landing in Chicago. This is a very funny incident that happened on a Friday morning on my way to the SSN office in Chicago. Thought I'll just pen it down.

    SSN office located in Jackson is the closest accessible office for me and i was on my way to Jackson all alone. Just to confirm if i was walking in the right direction, i enquired with one person, who was sitting on the floor selling newspaper.

    Krish :-Hey Good morning. Can you please let me know if am on the proper route to Jackson.
    Pprboy :- STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (he shouted instantly and i was taken aback.Lots of people
    are walking on the road and this guy was shouting.)

    Paper boy:-First of all you should know that,
    Am a a)Paper boy
    b)Miscellaneous boy

    c)Information boy
    Which boy do you want?

    When i first heard the word paper boy, i was a bit scared, coz i didn't know if i was not supposed to ask that question to him. But as he spoke the remaining words, i started laughing inside and started enjoying the conversation.

    Krish :- I want the Information boy.
    Pprboy :- Keep going. You are on the right track. Keep following the red line.
    Krish :- Thank you very much.


    The conversation ended and i started walking straight,with a smile on my lips. I was so excited, that i thought i had achieved something big in my life. I was overjoyed and elated to have achieved such a big fete. I knew that, i would be extremely energised to work in office that day coz of my accomplishment that morning.

    Waaaaaaaaaaw, i had talked to the paper boy, who disguised himself as an information boy. Am yet to see the miscellaneous boy though. Do i want to see miscellaneous boy?......No no no...... The Information is enough for me.

    Am sure to explore and experience lot more fun. And i shall log all of those.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rita said...

what does 'miscellaneous boy' mean anyway?
Enjoy your stay in Chicago! :)

4:44 AM  
Blogger Rags said...

Good way to start things in Chicago..

10:33 AM  
Blogger krishna kumar said...

Rita,
heheh...miscellaneous things cannot be imagined...in US, it can mean anything. Thanks. Am sure to enjoy.

Rags,
Thanks

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home