Tuesday, July 11, 2006

First Skid from the Bike

After almost 2 months of passionate bike riding, on Saturday 08/07/06,I skidded from my bike for the first time at about 11.40 AM IST. After losing the cricket match on that morning, I was returning home while this skid happened to me and my bike.

Actually the ground is located in the interior of Guindy and since I was not quite sure of the way back to the main road, I was following my friend who was showing me the road to take. So I reduced my speed and allowed him to lead me, but every now and then, I speeded and enjoyed biking as usual.

But at one point, there was huge amount of sand spilled over the road and I had to brake in order to glide gracefully through the mud soaked path and this application of sudden brake on a sandy surface caused the vehicle to skid with a thud and it went in one direction and I went in another direction. It hurts a bit, not because your body gets hurt, but because the bike which you had bought with all your money, had earned rich scratches. We both came to a halt after a few seconds. I was blessed with a few scratches on the leg while the bike suffered slight scratches on the doom. Looking back at the incident, I feel happy that it happened on a traffic less road, I feel happy that it happened on a holiday and I feel happy that small things like this keeps happening to me and keeps my life so full of fun, laughter and adventures.

It’s a good learning from failures and falls. Every time you fall down, you learn 2 things from it. 1) How to get up faster. 2) How to avoid falling down in the same manner again. See, a fall is essential in every aspect of life just to create a balance between rise and fall. If you remember Kipling’s words in the famous poem "IF”, he says that "If you can meet with triumphs and disasters and treat those two impostors just the same, you will be a man.” Everybody should crave to follow his words and try becoming a man, probably a wounded man. Am talking about the physical wounds that we get because of a kiss from a rock or a stone and not those created from words, emotions or sentiments in any way. The former are called masculine wounds and the latter are called feminine. Masculine wounds have a time frame after which it heals to normalcy while the latter stays put till the day sun would rise from west(Am sure this will happen in sometime from now). The question is -- which kind of wound to choose? Answer is pretty simple and I needn’t say.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a long time since i have visited your blog. So, a lot of things have happened in between. I jus want to ask you a weird question regarding your accident. The question came in my mind as soon as i finished the block. What do you infer from a very fatal accident or drop, which takes you to a state that you can't even carry on with your daily activities. I mean totally handicapped, gone or coma. What i think is that, those kind of stuff will be an experiance not for us but those who witness it (As we are not going to make use of those experiances). We witness a lot of stuff of that kind in our daily life. From news papers, friends, TV, internet and office. They make us partially experianced and prevents us from repeating the same.

Bye for now.

Jai.

2:59 PM  
Blogger krishna kumar said...

Thats correct.Not every accident is adventurous.In fact most of them are thought provoking and fearsome.Learning from various sources is a bliss and wishing that it won't happen to us is only a dream coz when faced with adversity, we feel the misfortune that had struck us.This necessitates a huge amount of learning every single second from every possible source in order to be equipped with the mindset to handle it.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home